Unsexy Morning

end of the night

Mornings are still my hardest part of the day.

Get the kids up, dressed, fed, teeth brushed, shoes found, and somehow make myself resemble a real person before I head out the door. And all without the help of their father.

I cannot count how many times we've been in the car before I realized the kids hadn't brushed their teeth yet. Or I sent them off with mismatched socks and drive-thru breakfast. And lets not even talk about the time I headed out in a nice blouse and my PJ pants.

Needless to say, mornings are when I miss having a partner in crime the most. Someone who can come in from the other side and help get this stuff done until we meet in the middle. Someone to remind me to drop the phone bill in the mailbox before I get out of the driveway.

Most single moms I talk to complain about the evening. Dinner time, bed time, those are when things come crashing down. For me, it seems to be first thing in the morning when I need help. As much as I am loving dating around and seeing who is out there, I'd love to have a live-in husband there when I get up.

Creative Commons License photo credit: brooklyn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe by email:

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital